Skip to main content

Dear So and So...Braid, Birds and BoobTube Edition

Dear So and So...

Dear Katniss Everdeen Diagonal Braid;

Wow!  You've just made my life easier!  Thank you for inspiring my daughter to actually let me brush her hair without a major freak out attack.  My Cat~niss has been wearing French braids, Dutch braids and Fishbone braids for days now all thanks to you.  Cat no longer runs and hides at the sight of a comb and brush.  She actually welcomes them with open arms.  Hopefully, my dear Katniss Braid, you can convince your friend, Irish Dance Curly Wig to do the same.  Maybe you can bring Curly Wig for a play-date soon?  That would be awesome!







Dear St. Patrick's Day Parade Mini Hat;


We did it!  We fooled EVERYONE at the parade! HAHA!  No one ever guessed that you were a glittery black soda can cozy and some sequin scrap!  And, by the luck of the Irish, you stayed firmly on Miss Cat's head throughout the entire parade with winds in excess of 100 mph!  (ok...so maybe a few gusts of 20 mph winds, but it felt like 100 mph...)


I'm so wearing you in next year's parade,







Dear Ginormous Peregrine Falcons That Are Hanging Out In My Tree...

I appreciate your beauty and am in awe of your mighty talons that I know can rip my scalp off (or possibly carry off my daughter to unknown lands)...However, must you hiss at our family every time we pass under the tree?  Is it really necessary to swoop and screech at us every time we walk through our courtyard?  I realize we look like a tasty bunch and you are trying to figure out which delicious morsel you want to rip apart first.  That being said, your bird bullying needs to stop, or I will introduce you to our friends at the Game and Fish Department.  They will gladly remove you from our lovely home. (or you may remember those wacky bobcats that like to hang out on our roof?  They owe us a favor...just sayin....)


Holding Out the Olive Branch,






Dear Pinterest;


I LOVE YOU...enough said.







Dear Once Upon a Time, The River, Dance Moms and Big Bang Theory;


Thank you for bringing me back to the boob-tube. It no longer sits in the family room sad and lonely...begging for attention.  Thanks to you, I actually know what day of the week it is now.  (and how can anyone resist Mr. Gold???)


Nice to see you again, my friendly boob-tube...








Have a wonderful weekend, folks!  


ps...Cat's parade photo was taken by Mike Stirrat.  Thanks, Mike!



Comments

Fun post. I heart Pinterest too. Off to check out your photos. :D

Enjoy the weekend!
Jenners said…
OK … those falcons are really really scary! The Katniss braid is awesome .. .but those falcons might use it to lift your daughter up and away!

I heart Big Bang Theory too!
I wish I could braid my hair like that!!
Unknown said…
I LOVE Once Upon A Time!... and I RARELY like television. ;)
The Mrs. said…
OMG I die for pinterest. DIE!
Dear Dawn, I just heard your news from Beverly at the Buzz. I just want you to know I am very, very sorry for your loss. Prayers coming your way.

Popular posts from this blog

Guess Whoooo's 100? (It's the Mother of All Giveaways!)

(Update! Comments are now closed for the Monster Giveaway! Thank you for participating!) Whooo's 100? I am! This is my 100th post! To say I am astonished and humbled by the incredible support of my blog from fellow bloggers, friends and family would be an ginormous understatement! I am truly, deeply grateful that ya’ll stop by and visit me! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! (I had this scheduled to post at midnight, but for some reason, it didn't! I got up to check it about 1:30 am and discovered blogger's mischief! Sorry if you came by then!) All righty then…do you have a cup of coffee, hot cocoa, tea, martini? How about a masseuse? You’re gonna need it! It’s my 100th post and by the time you are done reading it, you’ll probably feel as old and tired as Rip Van Winkle! You know me and my long winded rambley-ness! (....the giveaway is here..I promise!) So, this is what I’ve come to know about blogging in the last 100 days…. Blogging is like taking a vacation to a place you n

Tuesday's Tribute...Heartbeat..It's a Lovebeat

Yet Another Jay and Deb Production. I am paying my Tuesday's Tribute to Chilly. Today we celebrate our first Heartaversary. What is a Heartaversary, you ask? Well, settle in with a cuppa and let me weave a tale of wonder... One year ago today I was pacing the waiting room floor of University Medical Center in Tucson waiting for my husband’s surgeon to inform me if Chilly had survived his triple bypass. I’ll spare you the sordid details of how all this came about. I’ll just say that it was very fast and unexpected. The prospect of losing my spouse in my early 40’s wasn’t in my plan obviously. My plan was more of a “hanging with the kiddos, going to the Renaissance Faire, beating my son at Guitar Hero, driving my husband crazy for decades” kind of plan. But God always has a bigger plan for us. In this case, he was trying to keep Chilly on the planet for a while longer. As I have written before, Chilly has had two very challenging years. He has been a diabetic for a couple of decade

Wordless Wednesday...Poofy Easter Princess

Miss Kitty's Second Easter 2004 (Gee, those bangs look awfully familiar!) Join the fun! Wordless Wednesday at Extraordinary Mothers