Skip to main content

Friday Fragments: The Insane and Mundane Edition

Mommy's Idea

Time for Friday Fragments brought to you by the fabulous Mrs. 4444 over at Half-Past Kissin' Time...show the world your bits and pieces!  (minds out of the gutters, please...)


*~Coffee...Just thought you'd want a heads up.....I won't really kill you, but it might cross my mind...unless I have coffee then it's all good....



*~H and M  (I know there's an ampersand in between the letters...blogger won't let me use it correctly..grrr.)....yesterday was the grand opening of the fabulosity that is H and M at the Tucson Mall.  A little birdie named Meg shared with me that the store was opening at noon and freebies were being given to the first 200 shoppers in line...freebies...like $50-$300 gift cards, t-shirts, and other swag.  I'm all about freebies so I scooted on over there about an hour prior opening.  There's a lonely security guard at the store entrance.  I'm so smooth...I  got here early and am first in line....so I wait...the security guard finally (after 10 min) looks at me and smirks..then informs me that "ma'am, this is the exit today...the entrance is on level 2"...


No worries! Do I care that I stood there like a dorkopotamus for 10 mins?  Nope!  I've still got 50 minutes! I take the elevator up to level 2...the doors open and BAM! It's like the H and M Disco opened and not the clothing store!  There are employees dancing all over the place to Kesha's "Tick Tock" song...the line (oh yes...there was a line...) was in the midst of a "domino wave"...and there was a lot of "whoop~whoop" and chanting of "H and M! H and M!" going on.


Did I mention the line?  There were already over 1500 shoppers in line!  No freebies for Bee!  I found out that the first lady in line actually arrived the night before at 9pm.  They had hundreds in line by 2:30am...thousands by store opening.  It was completely insane!  Needless to say, I left after the ribbon cutting and skee-daddled away from the shopper stampede.  



*~Facebook...Fine...I succumbed to the evil that is Facebook...I don't mind sharing my family photos, chattin' it up with family and friends...BUT DO NOT EVER ask me to send you crap for your farms, frontiers or join your Mafia family...Not happening...EVER...(Chilly is apparently "leveling up" so fast in Mafia Wars that all of Facebook lives in fear...pfsh...what~ev...)  Anyhoo...wanna be my friend???




*~Your Opinions...I would appreciate your kind assistance with a wee poll this fine Friday...any takers???









*~
TGIF...For Catherine....
Tgif Powerpuff Girls
Have a wonderful weekend, ya'll!

xoxo

Comments

Randi Troxell said…
that security guard would have soooo pissed me off!!!!

facebook--- i so agree.. i don't do any farms, any mafia... any games.. NONE!!!

me loooooves coffee too!!

have a great wkend!!
Kristina P. said…
I am SO JEALOUS about H&M. We finally got a Sephora here, so as soon as we get H&M, I will never have to leave the state.
I am waiting for H&M, Michael's, Crate and Barrel, IKEA, and Cheesecake Factory! I heard you are getting a Hobby Lobby, though!:) I have one down the road from me and they all know me there. Oh, yeah.

I am with you on the "fluff" on facebook. I don't care if you have a new cow!!!:( I'll be your friend, though, Toots!:) Lori
Rebecka said…
Facebook is the only way I know what's going on with my extended family. I'm with you on the games though.
Now if there was a way for people to send me COFFEE via facebook...
It would not be worth it to me to get in a line up at 230 am.
Kelly said…
I totally want to be your FB friend! I don't even know what H & M is though. Can you look beyond that?
Megan said…
I've never been to an H&M. I walked by one a few years ago when I visited Boston, but I don't even know what to compare it to. Is it like Kohl's? LOL @ you standing in like for awhile, though. Would've been nice if the security guard had let you know when you first got there, huh? LOL

I hate all that stuff on FB too. I 'hide' it all.

I voted on your polls.

Happy Friday!!
Mike said…
I am on facebook but almost never go there! I would never play those games.
Mammatalk said…
ampersand? Off to grab a dictionary!
Cheeseboy said…
At least you were first in line at the exit.

Funny, I hear the exact same thing from almost EVERYONE that joins facebook.
Alexis AKA MOM said…
It's a back off if I haven't had my coffee ... lol!

Ok that security guard was just plain RUDE, come on dude he should have told right door!

I'll be your FB friend I don't play all that crap ... what I have blogging to do ... hehe :)

Happy FRIDAY sweetie, I wish you lived by me too. I would love for you chit chat with me while I'm making these darn posters :)
Liz Mays said…
I never would have thought there would be so many people shopping there on opening day! Geez!

I just can't get into facebook!
Kitten said…
When I saw the title of your post I immediately thought of that song, "Insane in the membrane. Insane in the BRAIN!"

I used to be a Farmville addict...and then life got in the way. And then the game got too overwhelming, with the addition of beehives, dairies, stables, wineries, etc. My farm got way too crowded! I couldn't be bothered with the upkeep!

My uncle and cousins, who are city folk, play Farmville for HOURS a day. Ironic, dontcha think?
Too bad about the long line!

I've never heard of H&M. What am I missing?

Happy Friday!

P.S. I'm all over facebook. I will be your friend..I promise not to send you farmville junk and such.
{Utah-Girl Danielle, is how you will find me}
yonca said…
I'm having my moring coffee(actually the second cup) right now:)I'm on facebook and I'm with you about farms and others..Hope to see you there:)
I am with you on the Facebook junk! Jeeze not only my kids but my grandkids are always asking me to find some lost kitty or feed a fish..they get so said when I won't participate and I have to tell them I would actually never have time to spend real time with them if I played all those games.
One of the games my 10 and 7 year old grand daughter's play actually charges $4.00 a month to purchase stuff for their virtual pets. And yes stupid me actually bought it for them $8.oo a month automatically on my CC. I am such an idiot; why didn't I dream up that sucker game?
Dapoppins said…
what is H and M? Harry and Mutt? Happy and Mad?

Is it like...um...can't think of any letter stores off the top of my head.

Darn it.
Mother Mayhem said…
Dorkopotamus? BWAHAHA! HUG.
Unknown said…
I love Facebook but just don't seam to have the time...sigh. I am with you on the Mafia, Farmville stuff, I have a hard time reading about people around all of that stuff!
Love the Coffee quote, I have told my kids many times "Don't even start with the whinning, I haven't even had my coffee yet!"
Kim said…
I am feeling old and isolated . . . I have never heard of an H&M. What kind of store is it?
Jenners said…
The H&M story just cracks me up!!!

And I look at all Farmville people with suspicion
LadyStyx said…
*sends a friend request and promptly sends 4 game requests and loads of gifts*

LMAO!

Seriously, when that stuff pops on your page... just click the x in the right corner of the post and block the app. Then you see THEM and not their game ;)It clears most of the crapola right out.

Popular posts from this blog

Guess Whoooo's 100? (It's the Mother of All Giveaways!)

(Update! Comments are now closed for the Monster Giveaway! Thank you for participating!) Whooo's 100? I am! This is my 100th post! To say I am astonished and humbled by the incredible support of my blog from fellow bloggers, friends and family would be an ginormous understatement! I am truly, deeply grateful that ya’ll stop by and visit me! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! (I had this scheduled to post at midnight, but for some reason, it didn't! I got up to check it about 1:30 am and discovered blogger's mischief! Sorry if you came by then!) All righty then…do you have a cup of coffee, hot cocoa, tea, martini? How about a masseuse? You’re gonna need it! It’s my 100th post and by the time you are done reading it, you’ll probably feel as old and tired as Rip Van Winkle! You know me and my long winded rambley-ness! (....the giveaway is here..I promise!) So, this is what I’ve come to know about blogging in the last 100 days…. Blogging is like taking a vacation to a place you n

Tuesday's Tribute...Heartbeat..It's a Lovebeat

Yet Another Jay and Deb Production. I am paying my Tuesday's Tribute to Chilly. Today we celebrate our first Heartaversary. What is a Heartaversary, you ask? Well, settle in with a cuppa and let me weave a tale of wonder... One year ago today I was pacing the waiting room floor of University Medical Center in Tucson waiting for my husband’s surgeon to inform me if Chilly had survived his triple bypass. I’ll spare you the sordid details of how all this came about. I’ll just say that it was very fast and unexpected. The prospect of losing my spouse in my early 40’s wasn’t in my plan obviously. My plan was more of a “hanging with the kiddos, going to the Renaissance Faire, beating my son at Guitar Hero, driving my husband crazy for decades” kind of plan. But God always has a bigger plan for us. In this case, he was trying to keep Chilly on the planet for a while longer. As I have written before, Chilly has had two very challenging years. He has been a diabetic for a couple of decade

Wordless Wednesday...Poofy Easter Princess

Miss Kitty's Second Easter 2004 (Gee, those bangs look awfully familiar!) Join the fun! Wordless Wednesday at Extraordinary Mothers