We had a fantastic time on Sunday celebrating Father's Day (especially since the hospital wanted to get rid of Chilly a day early! Hooray!) Chilly loved his cards and gifts! Wait...what's that? You say Father's Day isn't until June 21? Seriously? This is entirely Chilly's fault. He kept insisting that Father's Day was last Sunday. Sorry, Dad (my dad) for making you think I had completely lost my marbles by sending your card a week early.....
Have you heard the fabulous news???? Blueviolet is back!! Get on over there and give her a big neighborly welcome!!!!
I was tagged by the most amazing Kristen from La Dolce Vita last week to share with you six unimportant things that make me happy. This is super easy for me because pretty much everything makes me happy...except for the salon of doom, snakes, clowns, rude people, and public restrooms with no a$$ gaskets....
Here we go...
Six Unimportant Things That Make Me Happy!
1. Cherry Coke (or Cherry Pepsi) and Kettle Corn - Sweet, salty, crunchy kettle corn with a nice cold Cherry Coke especially with crushed ice. Nothing perks me up like that!
2. Thrift Store Shopping and Garage Sales - I love to search for treasure! I love the thrill of the hunt! I could do this every day of the week....it's a sickness, really....
3. Organizational Storage and my Label Maker: I love storage containers. LOVE THEM. (another sickness....) Right now, I am loving clear containers with white lids. I love to label everything too. If there is a non-labeled surface anywhere in my house, it won't stay that way for long! This affliction has been with me for years. I also love white hangers. I only "allow" white hangers in my house. (the only exception is for Tween Caveboy...he has red, black and gray....)
(oops....how did that get in here????)
4. My Daily Planner & Tote - I could not survive without my portable home office. I have a medium size scrapbooking tote that carries my day planner, scissors, tape, stamps, post-its, envelopes, pens paper and even crayons! It goes with me everywhere! I highly recommend using one of these!
5. All things Harry Potter - I have loved Harry Potter since I read the first book back in the 90's. I wish I had attended Hogwarts. I know I would be a fabulous witch. (no rude comments, Chilly or I will step on your bad foot....) I also love Fairies, Mermaids, and all other magical creatures too...
6. Scrapbook Paper - I know I have mentioned this before...but it bears repeating....I LOVE FANCY PAPER. I cannot help it. I love digital scrapbooking too, but there's just something about scrapbook paper that I can't resist! (I really love making stuff with my fancy paper in my Cricut machine...oooohhh.....I am a huge paper crafting nerd! lol!)
If you would like to grab this tag and run with it, please be my guest! I like this tag!
Confession: I am a cheater....it only happened once.....don't worry, Chilly was present at the time...he knows all about it....in fact, he was really happy I cheated. I can't take the guilt any longer, so I am going to bleed it all out here....
It started innocently enough...I was sucked in by the fun, the excitement of it all....but after two very looooonnnnngggg hours, I couldn't take it anymore and succumbed to the dark side. I cheated at UNO with Chilly and Catherine to make the game come to an end. I laid down multiple cards that appeared to be one card every turn so I could wrap it up and win. I couldn't take one more minute of the game that never seemed like it would end. So I cheated. And yes, I would do it again...and again....I will be imposing a time limit on all UNO games going forward. Chilly and I were rolling around in despair because Cat is a world class UNO player. That kid can take down a professional with no problem. Just when we thought we were close to the end, BAM! She would play a +4 and drag us back into the pits of UNO hell. I am still recovering from it this morning.
So there it is....all of my randomness for the day! I'm sure you are probably banging your head on your desk by now or at the very least, celebrating with a cocktail now that this post is over!
Have a wonderful Tuesday!!!!
p.s. go on over to The Un Mom for more random fun!