First of all,Snow Miser, don't you think you've shared your frosty friendship with us a bit too long already? Are you not feeling the love returned? Is this why you keep spreading your wintry cheer across most of the country? Do you and that dumb groundhog have some freaky conspiracy to keep your brother, the Heat Miser, out of the picture longer than usual this year? What's with that groundhog anyway?
And you! Heat Miser! What was up with the whole snow in Tucson thingy yesterday!?! Are you nuts? Do you not remember that most of us folks don't own winter coats here??? That was a dirty trick! I bet you lost a poker game to your brother and this was your stinkin' way to pay off your gambling debt to him! The nerve! This is the desert! The one place you are supposed to have complete dominion! Chilly was not a happy camper when he saw his frost covered windshield this morning! And tornados in OK in February?! Puh-leese..Enough already!
So here's the deal...you better get your acts together and bring some gorgeous weather for all of us or I'm gonna go see her...
That's right, boys! I am going to see your MOTHER! I don't imagine Mother Nature will be happy to hear about your tantrums and misbehavior! Am I clear?!?!?
(Deep cleansing breaths....Moving on.....)
I have been the lucky recipient of an award! The delightful Sandy over at The Adams Family has awarded me this...
Thank you, Sandy! If you haven't read Sandy's blog, clickety on over there! (Although I can't guarantee you won't be hitting the ice cream section of your grocery store soon if you do...3 words...caramel toffee crunch...sugar free fat free...wait that's 7 words...just get on over there!)
Here's the scoop...(see I'm still thinking about ice cream...)
1.Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design
2. Show the 7 winners' names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing then that they were prized with "Honest Scrap", the nifty icon they can display proudly on their blog.
3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
Ok...here's my scrap
1. I love KC and the Sunshine Band. He's my Boogie Man. Whenever I hear that music, I have to dance...much to the embarrassment of my children. Hey! at least I don't dance like Elaine on Seinfeld!
2. I am a scrapbook paper fanatic. I LOVE buying scrapbook paper! (yes, I'm still an old fashioned scrapper...I actually use paper, glue and stickers...) I can spend hours in a scrap store looking at paper alone. (LORI, do not laugh at me or I will expose you as well!!) oh..and did I mention that I have yet to actually use any of this paper??
3. I love the Renaissance Faire! If I knew it wouldn't send my kids to lifelong therapy I would wear a costume when I go there. (maybe a lady in waiting..ooh! a pirate wench! no..maybe a gypsy...I am giddy just thinking about it!)
4. I love toile in all it's many forms. Black and white is still my favorite, but red and white is a close second.
5. I love board games. (Video games are highly overrated...I can just hear my son collapsing, clutching his chest and rolling around the floor in agony..)
6. When I was a wee girl, I wanted to be a hippie when I grew up. (not a hippie doper...I just liked the clothes and the hair...)
7. I own a company called Black Crow Boutique that specializes in whimsical gifts and decor for Autumn, Halloween and Thanksgiving. (and yes, I will actually be begging you to buy my stuff on Etsy soon!
8. I sell stuff on ebay too. Yep, I'm another SAHM hawking her wares on ebay! Here's the linky...http://stores.shop.ebay.com/monkey-mcnoodles. (Since I have been blogging and teaching school, my stock is down a bit...stay tuned for new items coming this week!)
9. I believe in fairies. One actually lives in my house. I have pictures of her in previous posts if you don't believe me!
10. I'm cheap. I can't bring myself to buy anything unless it's on sale. (unless I really, really feel like I will die without it..)
There you have it...my exposure...hope your eyeballs aren't burned too badly from the horror of it all...
Now, I love everyone! (especially those of you reading this!) However, the dumb rules say I have to share my love with 7..umpf! I am passing this award to the following 5 awardees... (I know it's supposed to be seven, but my kids are starving, I have to start educating them and I need a shower so 5 it is!)
Now...scooty on and share your bloggy love!
p.s. I am having issues with the stupid post editor with font sizes, spacing, etc...It will not do what it's supposed to for me this morning...I think it's been hanging around with the Miser brothers....sorry for the big spaces and tiny fonts...I have tried for 1 hour to fix it and it's not working..please accept my apologies!